Monday, July 25, 2011

Who Would Have Thought?

When I started this blog several years ago, it was at my dear husband's
encouragement. I thought to myself, "who would want to read what I
write about?" Little did I know back then that I would find new
Internet friends in the process. It still humbles me to see how many
follow my blog. Nearly each time I post, I receive encouragements and
sweet comments from you. It is a blessing and please know that your
comments are indeed an encouragement to me.

I want to that you all especially for your gentle heartfelt replies to
my blog about Micah & the rude encounter we had after church a couple
weeks ago. I was venting and still processing in my own mind what would
have been the proper way to have handled it. I am realizing that I do
need to be ready for such things. People are ignorant in regards to
what autism is. Rarely do I mention autism to someone asking about
Micah and I do not end up having to explain what it is. I am no longer
surprised to have someone ask, "What exactly is autism? I have heard of
it but have no idea what people are talking about." I find that for
every ill mannered person, there are many who are honestly wanting to
learn & understand. So many have been exposed to autism, whether a
relative has it or they know someone who knows someone. It seems that
autism is a very poorly understood disorder. I thank God for the gift
of being able to help educate others. Experiences like what I had at
that restaurant are simply reminders that there is much educating to be
done. It didn't feel that way at the moment, but I understand it to be
so now.

I thank you all for your prayers and support.

Blessings,
Paula

No comments: